Friday, January 14, 2011

Prince Albert in a Can

We named our new Scottish Terrier puppy Albert - not for any particular reason except that we thought it was cute. But the name always makes me think of the old children's prank in which you would dial someone's phone number (yes, I do mean DIAL - that's how old the prank is) and when they answered you'd say "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?", referring to the brand of tobacco which came in a tin like the one at right. When they'd say "yes", you'd reply "well, then let him out" and hang up laughing your silly head off as if it were the funniest thing you'd ever said or done.




Anyway, I was trying to get my day organized this morning. I had my hands full with putting things away and needed a place to stash Albert for a minute. The only thing there was immediately around me was an old crock sitting on the floor waiting to find its permanent home in our as-yet unfinished new house. Aha! Perfect! I'll just pop him in there for a second. And there he is, Prince Albert in a can.

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

heehee

Ours was always "Is your refrigerator running?"
"Then you'd better go catch it!"

Children are terribly witty, aren't they?

=)