Friday, March 25, 2011

I Love Facebook! No, Really!

This is a slight departure from my normal photo blog - i.e. no photo taken by me. However, it's my blog so I guess I can do whatever I like, right?

Facebook is a blessing and a curse. Curse, because it's a huge non-productive time-sucking preoccupation, if you let it be. On the other hand, it makes possible something that would have been nearly impossible not so long ago - something of enormous value. It makes it possible to connect with people who might otherwise have been lost from a person's life.

Case in point: remember my post shortly after the earthquake and tsunami in Japan? Well, today I received a message in Facebook from one of the two young women I had met many years ago. How wonderful to know that at least one of them is OK and doing well. I was glad to hear from her and surprised to learn that she had done part of her schooling in the US only minutes away from my home. Wish I had known that earlier, but it's OK. It's just one more thing that will continue to bond us in our lives. The door is now open. Thank you, Facebook!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That is so awesome Anita!!!!!

Susan Anderson said...

It really is a great way to reconnect with old friends and stay connected with current ones who move away.

=)