Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Seeking Signs

I'm an eternal optimist. I believe in maintaining a brightness of hope and all that. But when it comes to waiting for spring (no, not the calendar spring - the REAL one) to arrive, I'm starting to wonder. Monday we had a huge dump of snow and yesterday was cold and overcast. So, when I woke up this morning and looked out the window to blue skies and golden light, I was sure that spring was finally coming.


And admittedly, it WAS a beautiful day. The sky was crystal clear and the bluest blue. And the azure water is reclaiming the lake from its icy grip. 

The fresh powder from Monday's storm was still soft and relatively unmarked. 


       Little by little the landscape is trying to emerge from beneath its wintry blanket. 

But I hear we're due for another snow storm tonight and tomorrow. 


So I guess I'll continue to seek signs. 

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

At least there seems to be a few signs coming!

=)

PS. I still think you need to make a visit to Northern California...