Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Farewell, Dragonfly

At this time of year, it's nice to sit outside as the sun is setting and enjoy the cool air.  I love to see the hundreds of dragonflies floating like fairies on the evening breeze. They make it possible to sit outside because they dine on the mosquitos and other no-seeums that would be dining on us otherwise.



I was sad to find this one trying to make one last desperate flight this morning. His wings are like lace made of fine copper wire. And his body is like a beautiful native American necklace crafted from fine turquoise and carnelian stones. Farewell, Dragonfly. May your spirit dance on the breezes of heaven.

2 comments:

Vern said...

You should come take a picture of the frog I ran over earlier in my driveway. Not pretty. I bet he would appreciate a blog farewell, though I'm not sure he would appreciate his picture being taken right about now.

Sarah Haynie said...

I love reading all your blog posts Anita. I do not post my thoughts because I want to spare you my ramblings. I just wanted you to know I love your writings and your photography. Awesome pictures. Thanks for making my day.