Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Walkies

Anyone out there remember Barbara Woodhouse's "walkies" or are you all too young? I can almost hear her voice now as I read the word on the screen in front of me.

Whenever it's a beautiful day and we take the dogs out for a walk, I can hear her voice ringing clearly in my ears..."walkies, walkies". Our little Scottish boys would surely recognize her voice if they heard it, with her distinct British accent....and there's no doubting that they know the meaning of the word.

However....they are nothing like the well trained and fully obedient dogs that were seen on her program. Ha! Quite the opposite. They like to run free, run the opposite direction when called and run through anything wet, muddy, smelly or full of stickers at any opportunity.

Mr. Sticker Face....look, Mom, I ran through the bushes...wouldn't you like to spend the next hour combing me, please?






I do worry a bit about them when they run off into the woods. There ARE cougars in the area... as evidenced by this deer carcass that was picked clean. 








2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I DO remember "walkies."

=)

Anonymous said...

You must be so proud, my little mouse don't like to get her paws wet.

Abigail